under construction, yo! Greenbeans and Moneytrees: My Summer Uniform

Sunday, June 5, 2011

My Summer Uniform

In the past few days I have done exactly nothing.  Sitting around the house, packing for my impending internship, reading blogs and magazines and books.  Because of this, I have been gravitating towards lazy summer outfits.  My "summer uniform" has become white short shorts and loose tank tops.  I'm usually barefoot, but when necessary I throw on my favorite broken-in flip flops I got from Phillips Exeter Academy in 2004.

After tomorrow, I will unfortunately trade these casual items for more polished dresses as my summer internship in the Communications department of the Culver Academies begin.  Although I am super excited to return "home" to Culver and learn all about website design, I will miss laying out in the sun (note:  this is possibly the tannest I have ever been in my entire life), my shorts and tank tops, and most of all reading 24/7.

au revoir sweet summer vacation, I'll miss you; but I miss working more.

No comments:

Post a Comment