under construction, yo! Greenbeans and Moneytrees: Activities

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Activities

I am the president of the Republican club, which is cool I guess, but I'm quickly learning that you actually have to be political, which is like mehhhh.  But I'm trying to keep it light and being more of an organizer than an instigator.  All next week (Sept 19-26) we have a room in the student center and we are going to be in there 24 hours/day for homework help, video games, popcorn, and potentially a debate.  So we'll see how that goes.  I am helping out in a play called The Laramie Project which is a series of interviews surrounding the brutal murder of Matthew Shepard, a gay student from University of Wyoming.  It is incredibly heavy and dark, but has light and is important.  The show is on October 4th at 12:30pm, please contact me if you would like to buy a ticket.  I am also starting a radio show this year.  I used to be involved in the campus radio station, but fell out last year.  Now, I am back involved in it and will be co-hosting a show with my friend Hiba.  I will keep you posted about when the show will be and what we will be doing with it.  Although not a club, I am the VP of Sales at RaneeC LLC.  I have blogged about the fabulous RaneeC tights in the past.  As the VP of Sales, I recruit and advise sales reps around college campuses (if you're interested, let me know!!). This is a great opportunity to not only get my feet wet in fashion, but also in a start up company.  So far, it has been a really great experience.  I am still involved with the Babson Players, which is the on campus theatre group, but I am not a part of their fall play because I am going back to Culver for CGA 40th the weekend they are performing.  Which is okay, I can be a part of their spring productions.  Plus, I still go to all of the parties, which is all that counts. :)


Remember to subscribe to my lovely blog, and twitter, and tumblr xoxo, mfh

No comments:

Post a Comment