under construction, yo! Greenbeans and Moneytrees: What I'm Wearing

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

What I'm Wearing

Last night was a big deal.  Well, not really, but I did get to play in my first ever poker tournament.  A local sports bar hosts a Texas Hold'Em tournament every Monday night and my dad and I decided to give it a whirl.  It was a fairly small crowd, only about 20-25 people, but it was a lot of fun.  I had never played the game before (outside of a few sleepover nights when I was 9), but everyone was really helpful and giving me pointers.  I was the second person out, but I consider that a success considering.  My dad is also a beginner (this was his second time playing) and he actually placed second in the tournament!  Afterwards, we enjoyed a yummy dinner and mom got to watch the Bears game (which was pathetic, not a fan).



This evening I chose a very summery outfit of short shorts, tank top, and sandals, but added a sweater to tame the neon and because the restaurant was FREEZING cold.  I had a really great time.




Tomorrow, dad and I are heading to Angola, Indiana to Pokagon State Park for one last getaway before I leave.  The resort there is right on a lake and has boat rentals and horseback riding, so I'm really excited for a daddy-daughter bonding adventure!


Remember to subscribe to my lovely blog, and twitter, and tumblr xoxo, mfh

No comments:

Post a Comment