under construction, yo! Greenbeans and Moneytrees: fending for myself: week 2 night 1

Monday, June 14, 2010

fending for myself: week 2 night 1

This week, instead of making one dish to feed me for an entire week, I am making Chicken Packets each night this week.  Chicken Packets is this great way of cooking where you put a chicken breast with any flavoring of choice and wrap them inside of a tin foil packet.  Then pop them in the oven or on the grill for 25-30 minutes and bam! dinner is ready.  Tonight, my seasonings were varied and I was unsure of it at first.  I was supposed to have pineapple chicken, but the pineapple wasn't looking ready yet, so instead I chopped up some baby carrots, tossed it with Thousand Island dressing and a little parmasan cheese.  I wasn't sure if there would be enough liquid in the packet to make the chicken moist, so I added just a small splash of pulp-free orange juice.  I must have done something right because I have never in my life had chicken that moist and delicious.  The carrots could have been a little more cooked (I like mine squishy) but the taste wasn't bad at all!
For a side dish, I made Farfalle pasta with some chicken broth, olive oil, garlic power, and pepper all tossed together.  Although quite garlic-y, it was delicious (mostly because I LOVE garlic).  Overall, the meal was quite tasty and I look forward to tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment